Jerry and Becky Coon came to Miles City with their children Mike and Matt in 1974 to see if God was leading them to start a new church here. Jerry and Becky, who met at Prairie Bible Institute in Alberta, Canada in 1966, sensed that Christians here desired to start a church that would reach out to the community.God called their family here, mobile included, and they began Grace Bible Church with a handful of committed believers in 1974. With Christ’s leading, they began to build a church that had a renewed homesense of unity and a loving family atmosphere.
They first met in the chapel of Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home and later rented the Advent Building. In the winter of 1976 they held a “snow breaking” (it was too cold for a ground breaking!) and began to build the first building, which is still a part of the church today. As the church family grew, so did the need for a bigger building. In 1983 the present sanctuary was built, and in the year 2000 the multi-purpose building (a.k.a. the gym) was added. Another addition to the building was complete in 2011. This added more sanctuary, lobby and classroom space.
Grace Bible gives God the glory for the continued growth. The structure, which is now over 20,000 square feet, is a result of the growth of the real Church, a family of loving, caring people who are attracted to the Word of God and the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Our Ultimate Objective: To glorify God.
- Our Vision: To equip and release spiritual leaders to impact our world.
- Our Purpose (Mission): Our church is called to “GRACE”.
G row through our relationships, to
R each out to our world, so we all
A spire to be Christ-like,
C onnecting with God where He is at work, while
E xpressing our love for Him passionately.
“And I’m sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.” -Philippians 1:6
- The Scripture (Old and New Testament) is the inspired Word of God, without error, and is the complete revelation of God.
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age to convict men, regenerate that believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and therefore become children of God.
- That the true church is composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.